c/o Finance Department
725 Old Post Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
Board of Finance News
The Board of Finance appoints the outside auditors and has all the powers and duties conferred by the Town Charter, by ordinance and upon boards of finance generally by Chapter 106 of the General Statutes.
The Board of Finance generally meets the first Tuesday of the month at 7:30 pm both virtually and in-person at the Board of Education Conference Room, 501 Kings Hwy E. All schedules and locations are subject to change. Please check the Town Meetings Calendar for cancellations or location changes. Board of Finance meetings are usually broadcast live and can be seen on demand on the FairTV website.
About the Board of Finance (BOF)
# of Members:
Party Balance Required?:
|Six Years (no limit)
Yes, No More than 6 of the Same Political Party
Town Charter - Article VIII
The Board of Finance conducts public hearings on the budget and gives a budget recommendation for the RTM’s approval each year.
- Conducting budget hearings and recommending a budget each year for Representative Town Meeting approval.
- Recommending or rejecting itemized estimates of town expenditures for the next financial year.
- Considering cost estimates and other matters brought to its attention and preparing them for publication in a public forum.
- Submitting estimates with recommendations to the annual town meeting. These meetings will take action on these estimates and recommendations and make specific appropriations they view as advisable without exceeding the Board of Finance estimate or using the appropriation for a purpose not recommended by the Board of Finance
- After the Board of Assessment Appeals finishes its duties and the Grand List has been completed, the BOF will meet and with due provisions for estimated uncollectible taxes, abatements and corrections, establish a tax on such list as shall be sufficient (along with other sources of surplus or revenue) to not only pay the expenses of the town for the current year but also to absorb the revenue deficit of the town, if there is any, at the beginning of such current year
- Prescribing a method by which and a place where records and books of accounts of the town, or of any department of subdivision thereof, shall be kept.
- May transfer unexpended balances from one appropriation to another, but no amount appropriated for any purpose, whether general or special, shall be used or appropriated for any other purpose without Board of Finance approval.
- No expenditures or transfer shall be made from the contingent fund until such expenditure or transfer has Board of Finance approval.
- Conducting monthly meetings and quarterly budget review meetings
- Appointing annual independent auditors.
- Preparing a comprehensive annual financial report for the fiscal year.
Board of Finance Member Listing
One-click e-mail: email@example.com
|Name (Party)||Title||Contact Information||Term|
|Craig Curley (D)||firstname.lastname@example.org||11/2021 - 11/2027|
|Lori T. Charlton (D)||2023 Chairemail@example.com||11/2019 - 11/2025|
|Kevin Starke (D)||Kjstarke@gmail.com203-368-6497||11/2023 - 11/2029|
|Mary LeClerc (R)||LeClerc@optonline.net203-254-7940||11/2019 - 11/2025|
|Sheila H. Marmion (D)||2023 Secretaryfirstname.lastname@example.org||11/2021 - 11/2027|
|John Mitola (D)||2023 Vice-Chairemail@example.com||11/2023 - 11/2029|
|Amy Ruggerio (R)||11/2023 - 11/2029|
|Jack Testani (R)||firstname.lastname@example.org||11/2019 - 11/2025|
|James F. Walsh (R)||email@example.com||11/2021 - 11/2027|