c/o First Selectwoman's Office
725 Old Post Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
The Fairfield Bicycle & Pedestrian Committee is charged with implementing the Town of Fairfield's Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan.
The Bicycle & Pedestrian Committee generally meets the third Thursday of the month at 6:00 pm in the First Floor Conference Room in The Honorable John J. Sullivan Independence Hall, 725 Old Post Road and via Conference Call Bridge. All schedules and locations are subject to change. Please check the Town Meetings Calendar for cancellations or location changes.
Help us identify the safety issues on our streets. Please share with us your experience(s) walking, riding your bike, or crossing the street in Fairfield. Your input will help us to identify the safety issues on our streets. Your feedback is appreciated! Click on the link below to get started.
Does a sidewalk need repair or trees need trimming on a walkway in Fairfield? Go to the following link to request service.
About the Bicycle & Pedestrian Committee
# of Members:
Party Balance Required?:
Board of Selectmen
Yes; No More than 5 of the Same Political Party
The Fairfield Bicycle & Pedestrian Committee is working with the Public Works, Engineering, Health and Plan and Zoning departments to implement the Town of Fairfield Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan.
Powers and Duties
- Advocating for the recommendations in the Fairfield Bicycle & Pedestrian Master Plan
- Monitoring transportation and other projects to ensure they are consistent with the Complete Streets Policy
- Monitoring and evaluating the Town's progress in the implementation of the Fairfield Bicycle & Pedestrian Master Plan
- Updating the Fairfield Bicycle & Pedestrian Master Plan every five years Identifying bicycle and pedestrian priorities
- Developing goals, objectives and recommendations for action
- Ensuring the plan is clear, concise and functional
- Coordinating public awareness campaigns, educational trainings and events
- Conducting research and evaluation
- Seeking grants and accepting donations
- Enlisting staff, consultants and/or volunteers as needed to address specific tasks of the Committee
Bicycle & Pedestrian Committee Member Listing
|1||David E. Dembowski (R)||11/2020 - 11/2024 (Appointed by BOS on May 15, 2023 to serve remainder of term)|
|2||Timothy J. Callahan (U)||11/2020 - 11/2024|
|3||Anthony D. Wellman (U)||11/2020 - 11/2024|
|4||Stephen A. Gniadek (U)||2023 Chair||11/2021 - 11/2025|
|5||Michael M. Allen (R)||11/2021 - 11/2025|
|6||Thomas Keane (R)||2023 Vice-Chair||11/2021 - 11/2025|
|7||VACANT||11/2022 - 11/2026|
|8||Anya K. Mezak (D)||2023 Secretary||11/2022 - 11/2026 (Appointed by BOS on July 10, 2023 to serve remainder of term)|
|9||David J. Peck (U)||11/2022 - 11/2026|