Departments & Services > Tax Assessor > Tax Assessor News

5/12/2021 - Tax Appeals

Real Estate Tax Appeals

 If, after receiving a decision from the Board of Assessment Appeals, you are still not satisfied with your valuation, you can make application for remedy to the Superior Court within 60 days from the date of the mailing of a Board of Assessment Appeal's Action Notice(CGS 12-117a).

If your appeal was denied and you choose not to apply to Superior Court, you may appeal to the Board of Assessment Appeals the following year. If your appeal was granted or granted in part, and you choose not to apply to Superior Court, you must wait until the next revaluation cycle to appeal again. Helpful Links to the Judicial Website are here below:

Filing a Civil Law Suit

Starting a Law Suit in Connecticut

Municipal Property Tax Appeals

Click here for a sample summons and complaint form.

Disclaimer: The information on this web page is provided as a service and a convenience by the Town of Fairfield. It is not intended as legal advice to any person. If you have questions about the use of these forms, your legal rights, or particular issues in your case, it is strongly recommended that you talk to an attorney.
Due to the changing nature of the law, the forms and information found on this web site will change from time to time. It is up to you to follow the current procedures and to file the correct, up-to-date forms. Each court location has a Clerk's Office and many locations also have a Court Service Center that can give you help and information about court procedures. Please note, however, that Clerk's Office and Court Service Center personnel cannot provide you with legal advice.