First Selectman Mike Tetreau, on behalf of the Fairfield Emergency Management Team, issued the following statement on preparation for Hurricane Joaquin.
“We met this afternoon and are monitoring Hurricane Joaquin as it moves up the East Coast. We will continue to monitor this significant storm over the next few days. It is anticipated that the storm could impact Fairfield late Sunday. Please stay tuned to local media outlets for further updates.
The storm may bring strong winds and heavy rain. We are asking our residents to assist in the following:
- Please check and clear storm drains
- Please secure any yard items that might become wind blown
- Please check on elderly or disabled neighbors that may need assistance
- Please make plans to have supplies on hand for any power outages
- Please sign up for Code Red alert messages on our town website at www.fairfieldct.org/codered
We will continue to update you as we get more information.”
Storm-related announcements from the Emergency Management Team will be posted at www.fairfieldct.org/storm. Information on storm preparation can be found at www.fairfieldct.org/prepare.