The Town of Fairfield will be having its Household Hazardous Waste Collection on Saturday, August 24 2019, at Veteran's Park from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Please visit our Hazardous Waste Collection webpage for a list of acceptable (and unacceptable) materials.
There is a specific traffic pattern for the Collection Day. There will be signage posted. Police and volunteers will also be on site to direct traffic and answer questions. To access the site proceed as follows:
- From Old Post Road or Oldfield Road turn onto Rowland Road
- At the third stop sign turn right onto Edward Street
- Proceed to drop off site at Veterans Park
A few tips for transporting your hazardous waste to the collection site:
- Don't mix hazardous wastes. Keep waste in their original containers if possible.
- Keep hazardous waste away from children and animals.
- Don't smoke in the vehicle.
- For safety reasons, there will be no walk-in drop-offs on the collection day.
Please remember, it is your responsibility to dispose of hazardous products properly. Chemicals from around the home, workshop or garden shed may contain substances which are difficult to dispose of safely. Your effort will help protect our Town's environment and our region's water supply.
On Saturday August 24, the Town will need volunteers from 8:30 - 11:30 or 11:00 - 2:00. Volunteers will not be handling any hazardous waste. If you would like to volunteer, please e-mail Michael Zembruski or Audrey Sciuto or call (203) 256-3023.
Since May 1990, the Towns and Cities who are members of HazWaste Central have disposed of and recycled more than 1,000,000 gallons of hazardous waste.