Solid Waste & Recycling Department
Mike Zembruski, Director
Sullivan Independence Hall
725 Old Post Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
Independence Hall Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Transfer Station Hours:
Monday - Friday: 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
Saturday 7:00 am - 12:00 noon
Most Requested Information
- The Transfer Station facilities on Richard White Way (formerly One Rod Highway) operate from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday; from 7:00 am to 12:00 pm on Saturdays; and is closed on Sundays. The Transfer Station is closed New Years Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
- The Transfer Station is available to Fairfield residents and businesses for solid waste generated within the town. Fees are charged for some items and a vehicle permit is required to gain entry to the facility. For information on fees and permits, call the Solid Waste and Recycling Department at 203-256-3023.
- Fairfield participates in Single-Stream Recycling.
- For information on how to dispose of yard waste, go to Harvest New England (formerly Green Cycle).
- Propane tanks and Fire Extinguishers may be recycled at the Transfer Station for a fee. For propane cylinders #1 - #5: $1.00 fee, Propane cylinders #20 and Fire Extinguishers: $5.00 fee
- Solid Waste and Recycling Regulations
To pursue energy efficiency, resource conservation, alternative energy, and recycling programs that have environmental and financial benefits.