The Fairfield Police Department remains dedicated to maintaining a safe community and strives to achieve that mission through Professionalism, Honor and Excellence. We are committed to our mission and remain ever vigilant in our service to the residents and visitors of the Town of Fairfield but we cannot do it alone. An informed, involved and engaged community remains the number one resource we have to help fulfill our mission.
The public is encouraged to report all suspicious activity and crime tips/information to the police and you can now do so annonymously!
IN AN EMERGENCY - DIAL 9-1-1
- Text "FPD" plus your tip information to CRIMES (274637)
More about SMS (text) tip submission:
There are three main parts to a text message Tip:
- The Short Code replaces a phone number. Anonymous Tips are sent to CRIMES (274637).
- Key Words are used to ensure that the tip is directed to the proper place. The keyword for the Fairfield Connecticut Police Department is "FPD" or (373).
- The Message contains the key word initially and then the actual text message.
- A tipster sends their first message. They text "FPD" plus their tip information to CRIMES (274637). The tipster then receives a confirmation and a unique code number.
- The tipster may respond back by simply replying. No keyword or any other identifier is needed for any subsequent contact from that cell phone. You need only text CRIMES (274637) and you are connected anonymously. A two-way dialogue through this encrypted system is possible as well, always protecting the anonymity of the tipster.
- No one will ever know who the tipster is.
- There is no premium cost for this service. Standard text messaging rates apply for messages sent and received (if applicable). Rates can be confirmed with your service provider.
- Information can also be sent anonymously via the web by clicking here.
- You can also download Apps for Apple Devices & Android Devices.