At the monthly meeting of the Parking Authority of Fairfield Board held Thursday, October 29, 2015, a motion was approved for a 20 year access license for the installation of a 1102 kw photovoltaic solar carport system to be installed on raised structures over a town owned section of the Westbound Fairfield Railroad parking area, subject to the five following conditions plus other conditions (see attachment) to be transmitted to Town Attorney Stanton Lesser by end of day October 30, 2015.
- To start construction closest to the Town Property of the Fairfield Station.
- If Greenskies gets behind on construction schedule they will have to work night and weekend in order to complete on time.
- Progress reports need to be sent to the Parking Authority.
- Provide adequate lighting during construction.
- Phasing Plan –Parking Authority would like notification
The project must now go before the Board of Selectmen and the TPZ. The item has been added to the Board of Selectmen’s agenda for its upcoming meeting, to be held tomorrow, November 4th at 4:30 pm at Independence Town Hall in the 1st floor conference room. The item is #16 on the agenda.