About the Parking Authority
The Parking Authority of Fairfield manages parking, parking lots and station houses at the Fairfield Center and Southport Lot train stations. Those utilizing the Fairfield Center Train Station may park at the Fairfield Center Station Lot or the Mill Plain Lot. Those utilizing the Southport Train Station may park at the Southport Station Lot or Trinity Church Lot.
The Parking Authority:
- Issues parking permits for Fairfield Center and Southport stations.
- Maintains permit wait lists for station parking.
- Issues Day parking fees to non-permit holders parking in Day Parking areas or in the lot (after 9am).
- Manages overnight parking.
- Responds to "R" ticket appeals.
- Processes payments for permits and day parking.
- Manages rental space in Station Houses.
Please Note: Some tickets, such as parking illegally in a handicapped space, are handled by the Police Department.
The Fairfield Center and Southport stations are owned by the state but maintained by the Parking Authority. Visit the Fairfield Metro Station web page for information regarding the management and maintenance of the Fairfield Metro Station.