The Town of Fairfield's Emergency Management Team met today to review the Halloween weather and town safety precautions.
Today’s weather continues to bring periods of rain and increasing winds. For families who will be out Trick or Treating we advise that you plan to complete you outdoor activities by 8pm. After that time the winds are forecast to increase and will build to strong, potentially damaging gusts after midnight.
The Police Department will have extra patrols out in neighborhoods. The Fire Department and Public Works crews will also be on higher alert as is customary with every weather event.
Trick or treating after dark is always a safety concern. The Fairfield Police and Fire Departments stress the recommend the following safety precautions:
- Each trick or treater and family member should have either a flashlight, light stick or reflective tape on their outer clothing
- Close supervision of trick or treaters is very important
- Stay on the sidewalk or close to the side of the road
- Make sure that costumes do not interfere with line of sight
- Drivers are urged to slow down as visibility is limited in the rain/dark
- Plan to complete your outdoor activities by 8pm to avoid the forecast of more persistent rain and wind
Click here to read a Tuesday's message from the Emergency Management Team on Trick-or-Treating and requests to change the date.