- Safe Boating Day will be held at the South Benson Marina by the Fairfield Marine Patrol on Saturday May 20th 10 am to 1 pm with free vessel safety inspection, child seat installation, Bass Pro Shop's and the Colony Pizza truck. Click here: http://www.fairfieldct.org/marinanews/?FeedID=1340
- Penfield Sail and Power Squadron will also be in attendance. Click here: http://penfieldsailandpowersquadron.org/ to become a member
- Fairfield USCG Auxiliary 77 Flotilla will continue to hold the Boaters Safety course at Jennings Beach monthly through October. Click here: http://wow.uscgaux.info/peclass.php?unit=014-07-07
- Ye Olde Yacht Yard's northern dock and gangway will be reinstalled by Friday May 19th.
- Dredging permits are in place for the Yacht Yard launch ramp and vicinity, the Southport Harbor Committee is waiting for funding approval from the State of CT.
- The dredging of South Benson's Channel has received the funding approval, but only one of the two necessary permits as of 5/12/17. We are in the midst of testing the samples for contamination. The results will determine much of the cost and scheduling. We are hopeful that work will begin late fall 2017.
- This will be our last season with the current fuel dock concession stand. A new building is in the works.
- In response to increasing demand, we are now having longer and more stable Frog-Hook dock hardware fabricated. I will follow up with more details in the next few weeks.
- St. Vincent's annual Swim Across the Sound event to benefit cancer patients will take place on Saturday August 5th. Captains are badly needed. Click Here: https://give.stvincents.org/swim/marathon-2017/event---marathon-2017-boat-captain-form for detail and to register your boat.
- M parking will be in effect Friday, Saturday and Sunday from Memorial day thru Labor Day at all parking spaces marked with the letter M.
- Don't forget that the entire marina is now an Optimum wifi hotspot. Time Warner, X-Finity and Comcast customers can all access the signal with their personal account password.
- Please contact me with any maintenance and safety issues, I will do my best to resolve them quickly.
Department Of Public Works
Sullivan Independence Hall
725 Old Post Rd
Town Of Fairfield
cell & text (203) 362-9321
office (203) 256-3010