About the Land Acquisition Commission
# of Members:
Party Balance Required?:
Four Years (Two Term Limit)
Board of Selectmen
Town Code - Section 35-10
The Land Acquisition Commission was formed to develop a comprehensive plan to acquire 70 acres of open space for each 1,000 residents of the town as well as to review and advise the First Selectman regarding proposed expenditures of the Land Acquisition Fund.
- Expeditiously and thoroughly advising the First Selectman regarding proposed expenditures of the Land Acquisition Fund.
- Developing a comprehensive plan to acquire 70 acres of open space for both passive and active recreation for each 1,000 residents of the town.
- Creating an inventory of undeveloped real property in town.
- Reviewing requests for land acquisition by other town government bodies
Duties may include:
- Advising the First Selectman and other town officials regarding the purchase, sale or donation of real property.
- Soliciting the acquisition of parcels of real property by purchase or donation.
- Retaining real estate professionals to appraise parcels under consideration.