About the Inlands Wetlands Agency
# of Members:
Party Balance Required?:
Five Years (Two Term Limit)
Town Charter - Article X
Powers and Duties
The Inlands Wetlands Agency is part of the Conservation Commission.
Duties for Inland Wetlands include:
- Inventorying and evaluating inland wetlands and watercourses
- Protecting, preserving, maintaining, and using inland wetlands and watercourses for a variety of public and private uses
- Balancing the need for economic growth with the need to protect the environment and natural resources
- Adopting, amending, and promulgating regulations as needed to protect and define inland wetlands and watercourses
- Advising, consulting and cooperating with town, state and federal agencies.
- Encouraging and conducting studies and investigations then disseminating the information.