Every May, the Southwest Regional Mental Health Board (SWRMHB) organizes activities and coordinates and disseminates a county-wide calendar of events to promote mental health awareness, as part of a national campaign that dates back more than 50 years.
In 2016, SWRMHB is proud to have increased the number of awareness events for the public, including public art projects, training courses, speakers, films, and more. A few of the highlights include:
- three local premieres of the new Healing Voices documentary
- special talks like 'A Nutritional Approach to Mental Illness' by psychiatrist Georgia Ede
- a Labyrinth activity led by Rev. Debra Slade
- a free ASIST training, the first ever Mental Health First aid trainings in Spanish in CT
- a great NAMI talk on residential programs.
Click here to check out the entire calendar!