Departments & Services > Human Services > Human Services News

11/16/2018 - Appointments Available for Energy Assistance

Energy Assistance

The Fairfield Human Services Department acts as an intake site for energy assistance during the winter season. Please be aware that residents must apply every year! 

Proof of all current monthly income for the four weeks previous to application date for all household members must be submitted. This includes Social Security/SSI/SSD, Pension (must be 1099 or monthly stub, proof of direct deposit will not be allowed), wages, child support, help from family/friends, etc.

Name(s), birthdates(s), and social security number(s) of all household members. 

Electric bill (required for all applicants regardless of heat source), Gas Bill (if primary heat source) OR Oil Company name (if oil is primary heat source)

Rent Receipt or lease or Mortagage statement.

Most recent checking, savings, stocks/bonds, CD/IRA Statements.  All pages

Applications for Energy Assistance are done by appointment only. Call Social Services at (203) 256-3170 to schedule an appointment.