About the Human Services Commission
# of Members:
Party Balance Required?:
Four Years (Two Term Limit)
Board of Selectmen
Town Charter - Article X
The Human Services Commission shall be the policy-making body for the Department of Human Services. The Human Services Commission and the Human Services Department are responsible for services to elderly and disabled residents of Fairfield.
• Representing the town’s aging and disabled population.
• Working with the Public Health Department on social services matters involving community health issues.
• Managing the Senior Center at Mona Terrace
Powers and Duties
Duties can include:
- Accepting on behalf of the town donations to be used generally or specifically for its purposes and to carry out specific donor wishes
- The power to accept donations shall not be construed to eliminate the authority any other town officer or body may have to review specific donations.