Cold and flu season is in full swing in CT and here are some tips to prevent the spread of these illnesses:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact such as kissing, hugging, and sharing cups or eating utensils with
people who are sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or upper shirt sleeve, not your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, such as toys and doorknobs,
especially if someone is sick.
- Stay home when sick!
- Consider wearing a close-fitting mask around other people while respiratory
symptoms are present.
- Stay up to date with you vaccinations such as flu and COVID. Many of the local pharmacies have both flu and COVID vaccine available.
- The Fairfield Health Department has a limited supply of flu vaccine left by appointment only. If you would like to schedule an appointment for anyone over the age of 3 years for their flu shot, please call 203-256-3150. Please note, appointments are during business hours.
- The Health Department will be offering a MODERNA Bivalent Booster clinic on 12/8 from 10am - 2pm, for those 18 years+, appointments are required and can be made through the CDC VAMS website. If you are having difficulty, please call our office (203-256-3150) and we can help you book an appointment.