The following is guidance to be followed by cases and close contacts following a positive COVID-19 diagnosis:
Isolation Guidelines for a Positive Individual:
- Isolate from others in the household in a private bedroom and utilize own bathroom (if available)
- Remain in isolation for a 10 day period from the start of symptoms or test date if asymptomatic
- To calculate your 10 day isolation period, the first date of symptoms (or test date) is day zero. Day 1 is the first full day after symptoms develop (or are tested)
- Don’t share personal household items, like cups, towels, and utensils
- Monitor your symptoms. If you have an emergency warning sign (including trouble breathing), seek emergency medical care immediately
- Isolation can be broken on the 11th day after symptoms appeared or positive test if symptoms have improved and you are fever free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication
Quarantine Guidelines for Close Contacts who are Unvaccinated:
Fairfield Public School Students:
- If you have a child in the Fairfield Public Schools who has tested positive, or a family member that has tested positive, or if they have been identified as a close contact of a positive COVID-19 individual, please call your child’s school for further guidance. In off-hours a positive student can also be called in to the COVID-19 hotline at (203) 255-8785.
If you have any additional questions, please call the Fairfield Health Department at (203) 256-3150.