Departments & Services > Health > Health Department News



June 22, 2020 update: While the Town is returning to full staffing, the point of entry for the permitting process will remain via the drop box procedure as described below.  Departments are available on an appointment-only basis for further assistance via the contacts provided below.

Due to the COVID-19 emergency, the permitting process has changed until further notice

All application forms are available for download online.

A physical drop box is located at the south lobby of Sullivan Independence Hall.

The drop box is available Monday-Friday from 9:00 to 3:30 p.m.

Town staff will circulate the applications to the appropriate departments and facilitate inter departmental review and sign off.

Application materials must include the email address of contact person for the application.

The relevant departments will send specific feedback on your permit application via email with notification regarding permit fees and how to mail your payment(s).

Approved permits will be emailed to the applicant. Permits will not be issued until fees are received.

Town staff will be available by phone and email to answer questions about your application or the process.

You may also scan and email your application material.

Health Department

Health Department application forms can be found here:

For Health Department questions call (203) 256-3020

Email contact: Rob Guerrera

Building Department

Building Permit forms can be found here:

For Building Department questions, call (203) 256-3036

Email contact: Tom Conley

For most Building Permits, 3 sets of architectural plans are required in addition to the Building Permit application.

Planning and Zoning

Planning and Zoning permit forms can be found here:

For Zoning questions, call (203) 256-3050

Email contact: Matt Decker

Applications for certificate of zoning compliance require (2) class A-2 surveys and one set of building plans in addition to the application form.

Conservation Department

Conservation forms can be found here:

For questions regarding the inland wetland process, call (203) 256-3071

Email contact: Brian Carey

Engineering Department

Engineering permit applications can be found here:

Projects requiring onsite detention requirements will be determined after plan review.

For Engineering questions, call (203) 256-3015

Email contact: Bill Hurley

Sewer Department

Sewer permit and Street Opening forms can be found here:

For Sewer Department questions, call (203) 256-3003

For Sewer inspections, call (203) 767-4708

Email contact: Chris Rogers

Fire Marshal

Plans to be reviewed by the Fire Marshal shall be placed in the drop box at Fire Headquarters 140 Reef Road

For Fire Marshal questions call (203) 254-4720

Email contacts:,

Phil Higgins