Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day
Hazardous Waste Collection Day: Saturday, August 24, 2019
9am - 2pm at Veteran's Park - 909 Reef Road
The Town of Fairfield hosts its annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day on a Saturday in late August at Veteran's Park to provide you with the opportunity to dispose of household hazardous waste at no charge. Just load up your car and your car will be emptied for you. There's no need to get out of your vehicle. See more details below.
For information on disposing of hazardous waste all other times of the year, please visit our Hazardous Waste webpage.
What is Collected
Please click here to view a list of what household materials are accepted and which ones are not.
If you have only antifreeze, motor oil or automotive batteries, you can take them directly to the Transfer Station.
There is a specific traffic pattern for the Collection Day. There will be signage posted. Police and volunteers will also be on site to direct traffic and answer questions.
To access the site proceed as follows:
- From Old Post Road or Oldfield Road turn onto Rowland Road
- At the third stop sign turn right onto Edward Street
- Proceed to drop off site at Veterans Park
- Signage is posted and police and volunteers are on site to direct traffic and answer questions.
A few tips for transporting your hazardous waste to the collection site:
- Don't mix hazardous wastes. Keep waste in their original containers if possible.
- Keep hazardous waste away from children and animals.
- Don't smoke in the vehicle.
- For safety reasons, there will be no walk-in drop-offs on Collection Day.
Chemicals from around the home, workshop or garden shed may contain substances which are difficult to dispose of safely. Your effort will help protect our Town's environment and our region's water supply.
The Town needs volunteers from 8:30 - 11:30 or 11:00 - 2:00 on Collection Day. Volunteers will not be handling any hazardous waste. If you would like to volunteer please contact the Solid Waste and Recycling Department.
For more information on Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day please contact the Solid Waste and Recycling Department.