Fire Marshal's Office
Philip Higgins, Fire Marshal
Fairfield Fire Station #1
140 Reef Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Fire Marshal’s Office Procedures During Pandemic
- The Fire Marshal's office is open to the public by appointment only with continued safety protocols in place.
- Please call 203-254-4720 or email FIRE-FIREPREVENTION@fairfieldct.org for an appointment.
- Please note that we will not enter any worksite if someone has fever, is sick or feeling ill, or someone has recently traveled abroad. We will walk the job-site with one contact who shall maintain a 6-foot distance from the inspector. This is based upon CDC recommendations of “physical distancing”. If the inspector is uncomfortable or does not feel safe with the conditions presented, he will terminate the inspection and the inspection process will stop immediately.
- The Fire Marshal’s Office is continuing to receive and process permits. All of the required permit applications can be found on the Building Department’s Link found below. Click the drop down box to find the appropriate permit. You may send your application to our e-mail address for review FIRE-FIREPREVENTION@fairfieldct.org and we will get back to you upon completion. You will need all of the fields filled out and any permissions or licensing to be scanned with the permit. Please be sure to include the entire scope of work to be completed on your application.
- There is a drop box outside of the main entrance at 140 Reef Road for dropping off permits, plans and applications. All application materials must be deposited into the drop box by 11:00 AM on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only. Do not leave any checks or payments in drop box.
- All paperwork will be shared with any/all other departments involved in the process.
- Documents are available online - click here.
There are no items to display at this time
Most Requested Information
- Underground Storage Tank Documentation
- For code questions, to schedule an inspection or to request information regarding an investigation, please contact the office during normal business hours M-F 8-4 at 203-254-4720.
- Propane tanks and Fire Extinguishers may be recycled at the Town's Transfer Station at 530 Richard White Way. Fairfield Transfer Station For propane cylinders #1 - #5: $1.00 fee, Propane cylinders #20 and Fire Extinguishers: $5.00 fee. For information call Solid Waste & Recycling Dept. at 203-256-3023.
To save lives and make a difference.