The Town of Fairfield is committed to maintaining high integrity and transparency in all areas of Town government. To that end, the Town has contracted with Lighthouse Services, Inc., to provide an anonymous and confidential whistleblower reporting service for potential fraud, ethical issues, and other concerns. Reports may be submitted 24 hours a day using a secure online form or via a toll-free number - (855) 650-0005.
Please only use this service for ethical or fraud-related concerns. To report any other type of concerns or to make a request for service please use our Citizen Service Request System.
How It Works
Residents, employees, volunteers, board members and other members of the public report incidents of potential fraud, ethical issues or other concerns to Lighthouse Services using an online form or the toll-free number - (855) 650-0005. Reports can be anonymous or contact information can be provided.
Lighthouse Services then passes the incident report on to the Human Resources Department and, depending on the type of claim, also to the Finance Department.
Lighthouse will not disclose the submitter's identity without express permission. But please note that it is possible that identity may be discovered during an investigation of the matter reported because of the information provided.
What Can Be Reported
The types of issues that can be reported using this service include the following:
Accounting and Financial Issues
- Embezzlement or misappropriation of assets
- Accounting errors, omissions, or misrepresentations
- Financial statement fraud
- Internal control problems
- Bribery, kickbacks and corruption
- Falsification of contracts, reports or official records and documents
Compliance and Ethics Reporting
- Conflicts of interest
- Theft of inventory, assets, or intellectual property
- Violation of the law or company policy
- Misuse of company property
- Vandalism and sabotage
- Ethics violations or misconduct
Human Resource Concerns
- Workplace violence or retaliation
- Substance abuse
- Privacy and HIPAA compliance
- Identity theft
- Security of personal information
- Unfair labor practices
How to Submit a Report
Reports may be submitted 24-hours a day using the secure website form or via the toll-free voicemail number - (855) 650-0005.
If you have questions about this hotline service, please contact the Human Resources Department.