Pediatric & Adult Immunizations
The Health Department participates in the CT Vaccine Program to ensure all children in the state get the vaccinations they need, when they need them. We can vaccinate children with no charge to the patients for the cost of the vaccine. There is a small vaccine administration fees for these vaccines of $5 per vaccine. They are administered by appointment only. This program covers most of the routine childhood vaccines and those needed for school but there are a few exceptions where children must qualify to receive the vaccines. Seasonal influenza vaccine is recommended for anyone over the age of 6 months. The Health Departments seasonal influenza vaccine is available to children ages 5 years and older. Please call 203-256-3150 for information or to make an appointment.
The Health Department provides seasonal influenza vaccines for all individuals 5 years and older. We also provide Pneumococcal vaccine for those 65 and older and for those under 65 with certain health conditions. MMR vaccines are provided for college entry. The vaccines are administered by appointment only; please call 203-256-3150.
Other adult vaccines such as Tdap (whooping cough), Meningococcal, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Zoster (shingles vaccine) and travel vaccines can be obtained at several area locations. Call for availability of these vaccines at:
- The Westport/Weston Health District, 180 Bayberry Lane, Westport, CT 06880, 203-227-9571
- Norwalk Health Department, 137 East Ave., Norwalk, CT 06851, 203-854-7776
- CVS Pharmacy, Multiple locations in Fairfield
- Passport Health, 140 Sherman Street 4th Floor, Fairfield, CT 06824, 203-307-4951
- Rite Aid, 1619 Post Road, Fairfield, CT 06824, Phone: (203) 259-2353
- Walgreens, 1870 Post Rd E, Westport CT 06880, 203-259-7837
- Walgreens, 414 Kings Highway East, Fairfield, CT 06825, 203-336-3551