Office of the Tax Collector
David Kluczwski, Tax Collector
Old Town Hall
611 Old Post Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
payments can be made at the payment express window outside of the building -- no
appointment necessary or at the drop box located in our lobby.
Book an Appointment
Appointments are for only tax inquiries and questions needing further assistance beyond over the phone or by email. No payments please.
Most Requested Information
- Tax and Sewer Bill Payments can be:
- Mailed to Tax Collector, PO Box 638, Fairfield, CT 06824
- Paid at any Peoples United Bank (current bills only; branch does not have to be in Fairfield)
- Paid in person at the Tax Collector’s Office between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm
- Paid online (includes a convenience fee)
- Tax due dates.
- Per state statute, if a tax or sewer use bill is not paid within one month of the installment due date, it is considered delinquent. For example, if a bill is due on July 1, it becomes delinquent if paid or post marked after August 1. If August 1 falls on a Saturday or Sunday, then the bill may be paid on the first business day of August without penalty.
- For more information see Frequently Asked Tax Questions.
- Information on how taxes are assessed, how tax rates are set, and how to appeal taxes should be directed to the Office of the Tax Assessor.
To collect all tax-related revenue and charges due to the Town of Fairfield in accordance with Connecticut General State Statutes; and to provide taxpayers information and assistance in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.