Tax Due Dates
Following are tax due dates:
- Real Estate Taxes - Due Quarterly: July 1, October 1, January 1 and April 1
- Motor Vehicle Taxes - Due Semi-Annually: July 1, and January 1 (Vehicles Registered on October 1)
- Supplemental Motor Vehicle Taxes - Due Annually: January 1 (Vehicles Registered from October 2 through the following July 31)
- Personal Property Taxes (on businesses in Fairfield) - Due Semi-Annually: July 1 and January 1
- Sewer Use Charges - Bills $300 or less are payable on October 1; Bills over $300 are payable semi-annually on October 1 and April 1
- Sewer Assessments - Due annually when billed
Note: All tax bills $100 or less are due in full with the first installment.
Never ignore a tax bill. Taxes will remain due and interest will continue to accumulate until the bill is paid or removed by the Tax Assessor. If you fail to receive your tax bill, call the Tax Collector’s office. Failure to receive a tax bill does not exempt taxes or interest. You are responsible for obtaining your tax bill and paying the taxes on time.
For information on fees and penalties associated with delinquencies click here.