About the Affordable Housing Committee
# of Members:
Party Balance Required?:
Four Years (2 Terms)
Board of Selectmen
Town Code - Chapter VI
The Affordable Housing Committee promotes affordable housing development in Fairfield.
Powers and Duties
- Studying the need for affordable housing in town
- Creating inventory of suitable affordable housing sites in Fairfield
- Tracking availability of suitable sites
- Studying sources of funding for affordable housing
Duties may also include:
- Consulting with town bodies and holding public hearings as necessary to assist in conducting studies and making recommendations
- Advising the First Selectman and Land Acquisition Commission of site acquisition opportunities
- Making recommendation to the Board of Selectmen, Board of Finance and Representative Town Meeting regarding the acquisition, creation, or preservation of affordable housing.