Stay Connected During Emergencies
When severe weather strikes it is important to stay connected. Area utilities offer the following guidance on how to report service interruptions and how to receive Alerts and Restoration information.
Before a storm strikes:
- Enroll in free UI Outage Alerts. Text “REG” to 839-884 or visit Outage Central at uinet.com
- to sign up for alerts by text, email or phone. Have this info handy:
Southern Connecticut Gas
- If you smell gas, leave your house and call 911.
- To sign up/access your account go to: SCG
- Toll Free: 800.659.8299 Live Support Hours: Mon-Fri 8 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Self-Service Automated Phone Support 24x7
- Refer to a recent bill for your account number and go online to: https://internet.frontier.com/d/current-customers/
- Frontier’s broadband routers are designed to reconnect automatically when electric power is restored following a power outage.
- If service does not automatically reconnect after power restoration, we recommend that a customer first reboot/refresh their modem. They can do this by turning the modem’s power off for one minute and then turning the power back on.
- If service remains out, other factors may be involved, and our 24-hour customer service is available at
- 1-800-239-4430 for residential customers or
- 1-800- 921-8102 for business customers.
- Optimum continually monitors the network and will report any impacts to the system. In the event our services are impacted, customers can visit My Account for service updates. They can also:
- Message Optimum at optimum.net/chat
- Send Tweet to @Optimumhelp
- Call us at (866) 950-3278
- Customers can sign up to receive service alerts via text or voice message by going to My Account. Once they’re set up, we'll notify them directly when outages affect service. They'll get restoration timing and other updates until their Optimum service is restored.
- Many of these resources, as well as storm preparation recommendations and frequently asked questions, are also available at https://www.optimum.net/pages/storm-preparedness.html