First Selectman Mike Tetreau announced today that the Town of Fairfield calls upon the Fairfield community to perform Acts of Kindness on and around the anniversary of Sandy Hook which is Wednesday, December 14, 2016. The call for kindness had been suggested by Newtown’s First Selectman to honor those who lost their lives at Sandy Hook Elementary School on December 14, 2012.
Members of the Fairfield community are encouraged to perform Acts of Kindness in any way they wish. Some suggestions include:
• Posting your Act(s) of Kindness on the Town of Fairfield’s Facebook page, www.facebook.com/fairfieldct;
• Share on the Town’s Facebook page a local organization you donated to or volunteered for;
• Donate to the Town’s Social Services Holiday Gift Giving Program which helps Fairfield families struggling with basic needs by calling 256-3170;
• Spend time with family, friends or neighbors on or around the anniversary date and reflect upon making our future better and moving forward toward positive change; and/or
• “Pay It Forward” by performing a random act of kindness to a stranger, neighbor, friend, co-worker or family member.
First Selectman Tetreau said, “The Town of Fairfield will continue to unite with Newtown and show our community’s strong solidarity by encouraging residents to perform Acts of Kindness. In support of our neighbors in Newtown, we encourage the Fairfield community to spread goodwill to one another so that together, we can each make a difference in moving toward positive change.”