Tom Conley, Chief Building Official
Sullivan Independence Hall, Second Floor
725 Old Post Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
Permit Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:30 am to 10:30 am
Office Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
There are no items to display at this time
Most Requested Information
- All Permits and Certificates of Occupancy are issued between 8:30 and 10:30 am, Monday through Friday, at the Building Department. Call the Building Department at 203-256-3036 with any questions.
- All Permit Applications MUST be submitted in person. Mailed-in applications will not be processed.
- Blank Permit Applications are not available online at this time. Blank Permit Applications are available for pickup 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, or any time Sullivan Independence Hall is open. They are located on the wall, to the right of the Building Department counter.
- A Building Inspector is present to answer inspector-related calls between 3:30 and 4:30.
- Blight complaints are handled by the Health Department. Blight Complaint Forms are available online or by contacting the Health Department at 203-256-3020.
To ensure that all new construction jobs and remodeling projects in Fairfield conform to building codes as well as all other laws, ordinances, rules and regulations related to construction.